If you have been diagnosed with combat-related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and feel a service dog may assist you in your recovery. Please fill out the following request for an application form below and we will forward the application to you as soon as possible. To be considered for placement & training with a Service Dog you must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Veteran of any military branch or an Active duty member of any military branch of the U.S. that is serving honorably or has been honorably discharged.
- Diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or Traumatic Brain Injury.
- You must be willing to attend training classes with your dog for approximately 6-9 mos.
- You must be able to attend training classes that are currently being held in the Kansas City, MO area during the entire training period.
- In addition to the scheduled training classes, you must be willing to train your dog on a daily basis.
If you are applying and want to train a dog that you already own you will have to meet the above requirements and your dog will have to meet the following criteria:
- Age 1 to 3 years old (Dogs under the age of 1 and over the age of 3 will be evaluated on a case by case basis)
- No evidence of aggressive behavior towards people or other animals
- Current on Rabies and DHPP vaccines
- No major medical disorders
- Spayed female or neutered male
- Pass a behavior evaluation by a BBSD representative
Battle Buddy Service Dogs, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, marital status, national origin or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Please Note: our online application page is currently not working, in the interim, please contact Mark directly for an application form.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Phone: (816) 298-7113